GROUPS AND COMMUNITIES
Groups contain two sections, communities and dashboards. Choose the “all groups” option to view additional groups or add a community.
CREATING A COMMUNITY
- All users are typically able to create communities. Communities may be created for group projects, clubs, or associations.
- There are two ways to be added to a community: invitation or administration. The creator of a community may invite users to join or an itslearning administrator must manually add users to a community.
- To add a community, select the “add” option and then, provide a title and description for your community.
Once you have created a community, you may invite participants. Choose the participants option in your course menu. Then choose “invite users.” This will allow you to send an internal message to users inviting them to the community. There are two roles within a community:
- Community manager – able to add participants, edit settings, create groups and manage the dashboard.
- Community participant – able to add and share content and participate in community activities
TThe community overview page provides a stream of bulletins, and a list of events. Content can be added directly within a bulletin or by selecting the resources tab. And choosing to “add” content. Users have the option to add folders, files, links, notes, conferences, discussions, or surveys.